How Do I Clean Gutters On A Cedar Shake Roof?
Cleaning gutters on a cedar shake roof requires some extra attention and care to avoid damaging the delicate roofing material. Here are some tips to help you safely clean your gutters:
- Use a sturdy ladder that won’t damage the cedar shake roof.
- Avoid walking on the cedar shake roof as much as possible to prevent damage to the shingles.
- Use a hand-held gutter scoop or small trowel to remove debris from the gutters, taking care not to pull or tug on the gutter system.
- Use a hose to flush out the gutters, starting at the opposite end of the downspout to ensure that water flows smoothly.
- If there is a lot of debris or clogging in the gutters, consider hiring a professional gutter cleaning service to avoid any potential damage to the cedar shake roof.
Remember, safety should always be your top priority when cleaning gutters on any type of roof. Don’t hesitate to seek professional help if you feel unsure or uncomfortable about doing it yourself.